Join Our Crew
Part-Time Assistant Program Manager
We are looking for a self-motivated, go-getter to join our Western New York team. As a start-up company, we look to foster an environment of growth and innovation, developing our employees' talent and skills.
The Assistant Program Manager—a part-time position with the possibility of expansion—will help our growing Western New York Farmers Market program in all aspects of operations, including:
- Staging market/event supplies.
- Setting schedules.
- Standardizing operating procedures.
- Oversee market fish packing and market kit management.
- Lead the development and administration of sales tools, policies, and procedures.
- Contribute to accurate financial management through the timely submission of sales reports, expense tracking, cash bag accounting, and weekly deposits.
- Occasional travel throughout the Western New York and greater Finger-lakes areas.
You will continually assess program operations with an eye toward growth and greater efficiency, making recommendations for statistical and narrative justice improvements. With that, proactively guide employees and operations through periods of sometimes rapid transition.
- Weekend availability is needed.
- Must have reliable access to a smartphone or other device to engage with the WNY team on Slack communication platform and execute quick response time to communicate with WNY Director and team effectively.
- Proficient with Google Docs with the ability to learn new software and functions as needed.
- High level of attention to detail, process, and protocol.
- Demonstrated ability to manage daily operations in the absence of specific instruction or supervision.
- Prior understanding of the CSA model and Farmers Market structures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, can effectively community, build trust, and inspire with a good intuition toward salesmanship.
- Natural problem solver.
- Passion for storytelling and connecting through food; desire to learn more about fisheries and seafood.
- Strong background and passion for all things culinary.
- Experience and passion for the conservation of wild spaces and the sustainability of food resources on land or sea.
Strong connections in the local Western New York food scene are a plus. Those with a personal Alaskan connection is an even bigger plus!
- 2-5 years of in-field sales experience.
- Team management experience.
- Some experience within small-scale local or organic food production.
- Some form of a culinary background is necessary.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office, warehouse, and regular in-field work.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 30 to 50lbs daily.
- Ability to stand for the total duration of the shift (up to 8 hours) in various WNY weather conditions.
- Comfortable with food handling and prep.
- Comfort in handling dry ice and frozen seafood (protective gloves provided).
Email your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’d like to join our team at email@example.com
Photo by redcharlie on Unsplash