Wild-caught in The Gulf of Alaska & Bering Sea, our wild Pacific Cod brings a sweet, mild flavor. Pacific Cod can be cooked in a variety of different ways, working great on its own or in a soup or chowder.
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Fishwatch declares the Pacific Cod population is healthy and not in overfishing danger. (NOAA, Pacific Cod)
- NOAA Fisheries and the North Pacific Fishery Management Council assess the fishing populations and set catch limits. Based on that information, quotas are allocated for fishers to prevent overfishing.
- Two independent certification standards guarantee the responsible management of the Alaskan Cod fishery: the Alaska Responsible Fisheries Management (RFM) and the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC). (ASMI, Cod)
- Low in fat & calories.
- High-quality protein source.
- Pacific cod are social creatures! From spawning, schools travel together from their natal deep waters to shallower feeding grounds annually.
- They can be identified by their single chin barbell.