These are Approx Half pound portions (5-8oz.)
Great for the grill, feeding the family or smoking. Wild-caught in Kodiak, Prince William Sound and Southeast Alaska, Coho Salmon is a medium fatty salmon with a delicate flavor, known for its distinct orange-red meat. Its firm texture makes it amazing for grilling & is very versatile, pairing with almost anything.
- Salmon populations in Alaska are closely monitored, regarding it not only for its economic value, but also for its deep cultural significance.
- Every year, the Pacific Fishery Management Council reviews reports of the previous fishing season and current estimates of salmon abundance to prevent overharvest through limits on the fishing season length, quotas, and gear restrictions.
- Two independent certification standards guarantee the responsible management of the Alaskan Coho fishery: the Alaska Responsible Fisheries Management (RFM) and the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC). (ASMI, Coho Salmon)
- Our Coho is caught in the wild Southeast Alaska waters and in Kodiak Island.
- Excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins & minerals.
- Packed with Omega-3 fatty acids & protein.
- Coho belongs to one of the five species of Salmon in Alaskan Waters and are also known as Silver Salmon due to the metallic blue color of their flanks, which turn red during spawning season to attract a mate.
- As most other salmon species, they hatch in streams and migrate to the ocean, where they spend 2 - 3 years as adults and then return to their natal freshwater streams to spawn, sometimes traveling over 1000 miles! (NOAA, Coho Salmon)
- They can be found as far south as central California